Sunday, February 10, 2008

Where were you during the census?


Gen Lady poises the question-where were you during the US census? It's an interesting one and I wonder how many are like my family and were in different locales during each 10 year enumeration?

I was born in 1944 in Miami Beach, Florida. By the time the 1950 census was taken, my folks had returned to their home state of Pennsylvania and we were living in Sunbury, Northumberland county. In 1956, my dad's job took our family to St. Louis, Missouri, where we remained until he retired in 1964, so we would have been in Missouri during the 1960 count. My parents and sisters were back in Pennsylvania for the 1970 census, and I had moved to the west coast and was living in San Francisco, California. During the 1980 census I lived in Alaska, and in 1990 I lived in San Diego, CA. The 2000 census found me back in Pennsylvania. Who knows were I'll be in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment