Saturday, January 12, 2008

Butternut Squash Soup

Beautiful sunny morning in Anchorage. The trade-off for sun is the temperature drop. The high today is expected to be about 8 degrees. But the sun shinning always makes me happy, so on with the long underwear and let's make some soup.

I picked up the ingredients for "golden winter soup", featured on the cover of the latest issue of Cooking Light. It uses butternut squash, potatoes and leeks, cooked in chicken broth. Yum!

I'm working on the re-launch of my web site while I let the soup simmer on the stove. I hope to finish it (the website, not the soup) and get it online before I head back east for a few weeks in March . I've neglected sagegardens, since I've spent so much time this winter on family history research. The deadline I gave myself back in June to get the site revised by early 2008, seemed like plenty of time then, now that Jan is half over - not so much.

I look forward to doing some on-site genealogy work in Harrisburg and Philadelphia in March to gather some source materials, so I'll have to get all the research organized before I leave.

Lots to do in the next six weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment